The Truth is out There!
I have long espoused that no believer should 'check' their brains at the door as they enter their local church. In fact, just the opposite is true. Every believer must stay engaged as they hear the Word of God preached and as they interact with the world and the new 'truths' they hear everyday. The Holy Spirit, through DrLuke in Acts chapter 17, makes this very clear. The Bible states about the Bereans that, "These were more noble (fair minded) than those of Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17: 11 KJV). So--believers, there is nothing wrong with approaching truth claims, as something that should be verified.
With this in mind, below is a list of truths that I challenge every reader to verify. These will be truths that I have spent considerable time in reading and prayer verifying for myself. I am comfortable that they are indeed true. As you approach the end of the list, I have little doubt that you will want to add to it. Also, you may notice that I've limited this list to ideas primarily regarding the Bible and things pertaining to Creation Science.
Truths worth remembering
1. Jesus is worthy of our worship. We read in John14:6 (KJV), "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." We are on the right path with truth as we follow and worship Him who is Truth. We can also have confidence that in the future (exact time not yet revealed) that the day is coming when the whole earth will recognize this Truth. Phil 2:10,11 reads, "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things under the earth; (11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
2. Biogenesis as a scientific law. This is something that we can have confidence in. The law simply stated is that life must always come from life. It cannot come from non-life. If we were evolutionists, we would have to object and state that we believe there is one exception. Given enough 'deep time' we could actually see life come from non-life. Please know dear reader, that no amount of time, would be sufficient to make this law yield to this fantasy.
3. God's creation was initially good. Gen. 1:31a states, "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." (KJV) This is actually a keystone of Christian theology. Although accusations are often thrown at God accusing Him of allowing 'bad' in the world, we can have confidence, that this was not God's plan in the beginning.
4. We can have confidence that sin brings death and deterioration. "For the wages of sin is death, . ." (Rom 6:23a). Sin, from the beginning has been the cause of the current human condition. It has always, and will always be, the cause of our problems as a culture, as a nation, in our families, as well as in our personal walk with God.
5. My suffering is temporary. What a blessed truth this is for us who know Christ as Savior! My wife is almost 2 years into her trial regarding pancreatic cancer. It is this blessed truth that makes the ordeal bearable. We have the promise of a resurrected body! We also have the promise that, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord". (I Cor 5:8) KJV
I was, in no way exhaustive as I addressed each of the points above. Each are worthy of their own book, and indeed, have been the subject of many books through the centuries. But thank God, that in our world of great deception and seemingly unlimited information--there is still truth to be found! May we who know Christ, be known as lovers of truth!